Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Im really pleased.....

because i was able to lift higher weights at the gym today.I have only been doing my weights program for the last 3 weeks.I had a 10 day break last week cos i was ill. i went back to gym today and improved on the following:

lat pull down from 22.5kg to 30kg
seated row from 30kg to 37.5kg
straight arm pulldown from 20kg to 25kg
barbell curls from 10kg to 12.5kg
hammer curls from 6kg to 7kg

I know they are only little improvements but a step in the right direction. I burnt 391 cals at the gym today. I am still worried about jumping on the scales on friday cos of eating my exercise cals. today i have ate:
B=porridge,skimmed milk and scoop of options carribean coconut!
post gym snack= babybel and apple
L=2 food doctor pittas with qourn stuffing and salad, 2g Green and blacks 85% choc
s=1 x scottish oatcakes with almond butter and 2 rice cakes and cottage cheese
D=homemade chick pea curry with brown rice.

total :1310 (if i am brave enough i may eat the remainder of my exercise cals in fruit)

I am glad i drew a line under the torte incident from lastnight.It so wasnt worth it.Im glad now i can recognise my abnormal behaviour.
whilst coming from the gym today, the local weight watchers class was kicking out.Im so glad i have managed to let go.I went for ages on and off and was on 17 points a day(not a lot). I ended up buying ww branded food that is full of s%^&t and spending loads.I think it was good for bigger people if that what works for them but for someone like me who had an ED it made be super obsessed about points values. By counting calories, I can be normal and fuel my body with the right food.
I have been reading alot about whey protein on wlr.I may buy some.I am not sure what it does but I have not that a lots of people put it in thier porridge.I think this maybe be a better idea than the options caribean coconut i put in my porridge this morning.I am also going to do some more research to see if it helps me with my new weight training regime.
Its my birthday on sunday and i am going to www.themerlin.co.uk, its lovely and full of wags.I dont think i will calorie count on sunday but wont go mad either.My OH is taking me for a spa day next thurs so that is another day of no calorie counting.I am determined not to lose control and to binge on everything in sight for those 2 particular days.

2 comments:

  1. I'm totally with you on the spending a fortune on WW stuff - I think I still have my mini database gizmo!! I also spent *loads* on slimming world stuff, have given all my recipe books to my friend who has found it works really well for her and her fella - I actually put ON weight when going to SW... I guess I really can't just eat as much veg as I like on green days like they say

    we're all designed differently though eh?

    I know what you mean about it taking over your life too, was so glad to be free of points!! I couldn't look at any food item without assigning it a number - didn't help when Tesco started putting points values on their stuff too - lol!

    The merlin looks lush! I'm very jealous, I hope you have a lovely birthday, sounds like it will definitely be :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanks for your message.Im glad it isnt just me who was points obsessed.I did try slimming world for 1 week but put 3lbs on after thinking i could eat muller lite until it came out of my ears cos it was free food.I have every ww gadget going.i honestly think iv spents hundred on ww products,weigh ins.
    the merlin does like lovely doest it?i have been about 4 times before and its lovely food.im not counting cals on my birthday but still have to stay in control(something im not used to) as iv got a spa day with another meal out next thurs.someone has told me that m and s now do points on thier packaging too.im so glad to be free of that

    ReplyDelete